Over the past few months, we have amassed a season-by-season database for each Premier League season from 1995/96 onwards. This includes the following:
- Games won, drawn, lost
- Goals for and against
- Goal different
- Shots per game for and against
- Corners per game for and against
In the next article, I will be trying to break down this data; to look at things such as relationships between these factors. Such things as:
- Which has a stronger impact on final league position, goals for or goals against?
- How does the amount of corners affect the amount of goals scored; once the amount of shots are taken into account?
- Has the amount of shots per game gone up or down over the years studied?
- ...and so on...